Emerging Hedge Fund Managers ReportWith hedge fund assets under management reaching USD 3 trillion and more and more new hedge funds being formed every month, Preqin Hedge recently completed a study looking at the appetite of the institutional market for emerging hedge fund managers. In this report 50 investors were surveyed from across the spectrum of the institutional market (excluding fund of hedge funds) on their demand for younger hedge fund managers.
Will an institutional investor invest in an emerging manager hedge fund?
- 46% of respondents will invest in emerging manager hedge funds
- This grows to 56% of institutional investors in regards to spin-out teams
- Just 8% will provide seed capital to new vehicles
- 39% of respondents required a two year track record or less.
- 24% of institutions surveyed would not invest in a hedge fund unless the manager had more than 5 years fund management experience.
- 6% of institutions reported that they required no specific track record.
- 17% of respondents demanded no requirements of potential hedge fund managers in terms ofassets under management
- 40% of institutional investors would invest in funds that had between USD 100 – 500 in AUM.
- 11% of institutional investors would only invest in a fund provided it had at least USD 1 billion in AUM.
- Investors that allocate a larger percentage of assets to hedge funds are more likely to considerinvestment in emerging manager hedge funds.
- 100% of institutional investors surveyed that had an allocation greater than 20% stated they wouldinvest in an emerging manager hedge fund.
Subscribe To this Blog via Email | Or RSS
Articles Related to Emerging Hedge Fund Managers
1. Hedge Fund Performance
2. Institutional Hedge Fund Marketing
3. Institutional Hedge Fund Investments
4. Hedge Fund Jobs
5. Hedge Fund Managers
6. Largest Hedge Funds
7. Hedge Fund Assets
8. Institutional Hedge Fund
9. Pension Fund Investment
10. Hedge Fund Investors
Permanent Link: Emerging Hedge Fund Managers
Tags: Emerging Hedge Fund Managers, Emerging Managers, Emerging Manager, Emerging Hedge Fund Manager, Emerging Hedge Fund Investments