Halloween 2008 | Scariest One Yet
2008 is proving to be the hardest market which hedge funds have faced since the first hedge fund was formed half a century ago.
The top 5 scariest things about the current financial crisis and the state of the hedge fund industry:
- Hedge fund gating clauses, lock-up periods and other agreements screen the true level of hedge fund redemptions. Is it hard to know how much capital is waiting to leave the industry.
- While I don't believe it, Soros could be right. The hedge fund industry could shrink by over 50% and it could take 5-7 years to climb out of that hole as an industry.
- I have not ran an analysis of this yet, but I seem to be seeing more frequent cases of hedge fund fraud. The media loves to highlight these rare cases, the last thing the industry needs is for these cases to become less rare.
- This financial crisis has come at a time when some headway was being made by a few hedge fund managers and industry association groups towards lessening hedge fund regulation, specifically on marketing regulations here in the US. The crisis may have negated some of those efforts for the time being.
- Even the most intelligent, well-informed, most sophisticated, well diversified and nimble trading managers in the world have been hit hard over the past 2 months.
- Tenaska Capital Management LP | Hedge Fund Notes
- Jana Partners | Hedge Fund Notes
- Carlson Capital Management Partners LP | Hedge Fund Notes
- Highland Capital Management | Hedge Fund Notes
- Jabre Capital Partners SA | Philippe Jabre | Hedge Fund Notes
- MedCap Management and Research | Charles Toney
- The NIR Group LLC | Alternative Investments Hedge Fund Notes
- Drake Capital Management LLC | Hedge Fund Notes
- Bonanza Master Fund LP | Hedge Fund Notes
- Lansdowne Partners | Paul Ruddock | Hedge Fund Notes
- CF Partners | Carbon Hedge Fund |
- Artradis Fund Management LP |
- Epic Capital Management LP |
- Chenavari Credit Partners LP |
- Lasair Capital LP | Hedge Fund Tracker Notes
- Oracle Evolution Oracle Services | Spiro Germenis
- Babylon Fund LP | Hedge Fund Notes
- Threadneedle Asset Management | Hedge Fund Notes
- Farallon Capital Management Partners LP
- Diapason Commodities Management SA | Commodity Management
- Tantallon Capital | Hedge Fund Closure
- Cerberus Capital Management LP
- R3 Capital Partners LP
- Salida Capital | Hedge Fund Notes