Epic Capital Management LP
Epic Capital Management LP | Hedge Fund Notes
The following piece on Epic Capital Management LP is being published as part of our Hedge Fund Tracker Tool, our daily effort to track hedge funds in the industry.
Resource #1: (10.28.08) Toronto-based Epic Capital Management is shuttering its flagship hedge fund as returns sink and investors head for the door.
Epic, which focuses on mid-cap Canadian companies, has seen the flagship fall by 38% this year, leading many investors to seek redemptions, the Globe and Mail reports. The fund's assets have fallen by C$100 million amidst the market volatility, leading the firm to seek investor approval for a liquidation.
"We wanted to do it while we could and didn't have a gun to our head," Epic CEO David Fawcett said. Source
Related to Epic Capital Management LP | Hedge Fund Notes:
- Lasair Capital LP | Hedge Fund Tracker Notes
- Oracle Evolution Oracle Services | Spiro Germenis
- Babylon Fund LP | Hedge Fund Notes
- Threadneedle Asset Management | Hedge Fund Notes
- Farallon Capital Management Partners LP
- Diapason Commodities Management SA | Commodity Management
- Tantallon Capital | Hedge Fund Closure
- Cerberus Capital Management LP
Link to This Resource: Epic Capital Management LP | Hedge Fund Noteshttp://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2008/10/epic-capital-management-lp-hedge-fund.html