SKAR Development Formula
- Read two books/month for the next two years on the area of specialized knowledge which is going to benefit your business or career most.
- Subscribe to 3 of the best newsletters from blogs or experts in your industry which are NOT re-hashed press releases and garbage news. You learn close to nothing from reading the news - read insights, analyses and white papers within these newsletters instead. There are at least 2-3 valuable free newsletters in each industry.
- Complete a niche training and certification program specific to your area of specialized knowledge. Having a third party verify that you have obtained a certain level of specialized knowledge is ALWAYS going to be more credible than, I like to read books and email newsletters, here is what I have read lately. Seek out an online certification program and start one within 6 months, this will force you to read and learn more within your niche.
- Write one article a week on your thoughts, best practices, and lessons learned within your niche area of practice. Write anonymously by creating a free blog at Blogger.com and start synthesizing what you are learning and combining other ideas to create your own original concepts (such as this blog post).
- Publish your own newsletter or blog - even if you only publish something once every 2 weeks, having it and building it over time is what is important.
- Interview one professional each month for your own blog or newsletter, tell them that you can't compensate them but as your website becomes more popular they may get some exposure and they can have a copy of the recorded phone call transcript, Mp3 file or document which you type up. Interviewing experts is a shortcut to gaining specialized knowledge and authority positioning quick. Simply telling others that you have interviewed 20 of the top experts in the industry and overall you found A & B and most surprisingly C is very powerful. Note, the strong you have fulfilled your work in building specialized knowledge the more willing these experts will be to connect with you and the more pointed and refined your questions will be. Ever done an interview with a journalist who has never worked in your field? Not always fun or fulfilling to answer the basics which can be looked up on Google in 3 seconds.
- Take what you have written within your own newsletter or blog and self-publish a book, with 60-80 pages of single spaced text anyone can do this for $15 at Lulu.com. Very simple, no more excuses that you do not have a book deal. I got my second big investment marketing contract partially because I had a self-published book in hand and someone gave me a chance based on my dedication to the niche. The book positions you as an authority.
- Create a 1 page PDF list of all of your past clients. This can show depth, experience, and respect that others have given you by paying for your services and time in the past.
- Speak at conferences. It is relatively easy to land speaking spots at conference, networking events and seminars. Lots of professionals are looking for others with unique ideas and lessons to share, and again teaching what specialized knowledge you have gained helps you connect and synthesize these ideas. If you are speaking to a crowd you are within an authority position and when you mention your speaking it adds credibility because others have stopped their business days and invested their valuable time to listen to what you had to say.
- An actual printed out version of part of the service or end result of the product or service
- Video or text (not as good) testimonials from past and current clients, the more specific to the immediate need or concern of your potential client or employer the better...the more numerous the testimonials the better.
- The first 15-20% of the product or your service given away for free on a trial basis. $1 first month trial, 4 weeks of free work or time so we can prove our worth to you, etc.
- Diverse and numerous case studies of past clients or employers, this proves that you work with firms with various needs and have found solutions for them, it allows the reader of these case studies to imagine you solving their problem
- A little tip, quick take away or lesson within your sales letter or website which provides the potential client with immediate benefit. This proves that you have the goods, are an authority and do have their best interests in mind.
- Top 5 Hedge Fund Marketing Strategies | MP3 Audio Download
- Hedge Fund Marketing Tools
- 5 Unique Hedge Fund Marketing Tactics (1 of 5)
- 5 Unique Hedge Fund Marketing Tactics (2 of 5)
- 5 Unique Hedge Fund Marketing Tactics (3 of 5)
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- Third Party Marketing Trends & Insights
- Marketing to Institutional Investors
Link to This Resource: SKAR Development Formula by Richard Wilsonhttp://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2009/11/skar-development-formula-by-richard.html