Looking for hedge fund resumes?
Hedge Fund Resumes
Hedge Fund Resume Tips
Before I began working for the third party marketing firm that I am with right now I had contacted several hedge fund recruiters. Besides learning what they specialize in I found out what they typically look for in hedge fund resumes from candidates.
I have recently helped a few friends rework their resumes while they look for a new hedge fund job. Most open positions are sought after by dozens of 20 and 30somethings that often attended the best schools and have worked for some of the most successful banks. In short, it is very competitive. Every line on your resume should build the case of how you will make the firm more money than the guy who sent his resume in the day before you.
What is the perfect hedge fund resume?
There isn't one. Some never graduate from high school but make over $1m/year trading or selling for funds. That said some of the below factors are what funds look for:
- Quantitative experience and abilities
- Certified Hedge Fund Professional (CHP) Designation
- Education - Ivy league, MBA, Quant focussed PhD
- Signs of loyalty, passion, and being humble
- Something Extra such as PR expertise, asset gathering ability, or Information Advantage
- High quality names - large wirehouse experience
- How much money did you personally bring in to the firm or make for the firm?
- A stomach for a high commission/bonus structure
Let me know if you are looking for a hedge fund job or are hiring someone and would like to be introduced to a few new candidates and I would be happy to network with you. I could help a hedge fund looking to hire additional analyst or sales people.
I have recently found an individual willing to help improve your hedge fund or investment resume. If you would like 1-4 hours of resume editing, coaching and career guidance please send me an email at Richard@RichardCWilson.com.
Permanent Link:Hedge Fund Resumes
Related Posts to "Hedge Fund Resumes":
- Certified Hedge Fund Professional (CHP)
- Hedge Fund Industry Networking
- Jobs at Hedge Funds
- Hedge Fund Analyst
- Hedge Fund Entry Level
- Hedge Fund Internship
- CFA vs. CAIA
- Hedge Me Book Review
- Investment Internships
- Hedge Fund Forum