8hr Emerging Manager Workshop
here and to register for this event please click here or see http://HedgeFundStartupKit.com/Workshop.html
Limitation: As of 1.10.2011 there are currently 45 seats left available for this event which will be sold on a first-come first-served basis. This event is fully catered for breakfast and lunch and at our last event we over-sold, so all seats must be purchased before the event, no at-the-door registrations will be accepted.
Hello, My name is Richard Wilson,
The upcoming training workshop is all about running your fund business the right way and using best practices in emerging manager marketing. Within this program we will show you how to run your emerging hedge fund business in an efficient way that helps you attract new investors every year and without making the same $20,000 mistakes that hundreds of other hedge fund startups have made.
The upcoming workshop on emerging manager marketing can give you a real edge over other new hedge fund businesses competing with yours, guaranteed. During the event you will have a chance to complete exercises in our emerging manager workbook, network with others, and enjoy a fully catered breakfast and lunch as well.
Here is how this exclusive workshop will provide you with well over $5,000 in Value:
- Together we will provide you with over 7 complete hours of workshop-based hedge fund training content and exercises covering capital raising, pedigree upgrading, governance best practices, securities lending, new compliance requirements for fund managers, investment process construction, legal considerations, positioning, and several common costly mistakes made by recent hedge fund startups
- Richard Wilson will walk you through our Emerging Manager Marketing & Business Improvement WorkBook will walk you through Step-By-Step hedge fund startup systems and processes you should be using within your hedge fund business to raise more capital and be more systematic in how you run your business
- Robert Sackett will be covering what securities lending means to those hedge funds with less than $200M in Assets Under Management (AUM), including the covering of the recent shift in securities lending access, continued borrowing pressure on small hedge funds (IB access)
- Douglas MacLean will cover many critical hedge fund compliance topics including an overview of the Securities Act, Investment Company Act, types of investors you can accept, marketing issues, placement agents, Form D, and State Blue Sky Laws
- Jonathan White will be providing you with help with how to improve your operational efficiencies, create a more institutional back office and operational environment, and how to avoid mistakes in assessing counter party and third party service provider agreements that could expose you to ongoing operational risk.
- We will walk through Section-by-Section instructions and tips for creating your PowerPoint pitch book that is expected or required to raise capital from every type of investor
- Richard will cover In-Depth explanations of the most common $20,000 mistakes most hedge funds fall into and specific action steps and exercises you can complete to avoid committing these same mistakes within your hedge fund business
- Richard will also be providing 17 direct lessons from successful fast growing hedge fund businesses that you can use within your new hedge fund
- You will get a copy of our Hedge Fund Business Plan Template for you to complete, helping you think through each area of your hedge fund business from the start
- You also get our 4 Hedge Fund PowerPoint Pitch Book Template swipe files you can download, modify, and use as your own for your hedge fund pitch book which is required to raise capital from investors
Richard C. Wilson has directly helped raise over $200M and has advised over 200 hedge fund managers on raising capital. With a background in direct capital raising, as well as third party marketing Richard has now provided training to over 1,000 hedge fund professionals in Moscow, London, New York, Bermuda, Chicago, Sao Paulo, Brussels, and Miami. Richard is the author of the most widely read book on hedge funds with over 70,000 copies released to date.
Richard runs the 40,000 member Hedge Fund Group, FamilyOffices.com, and HedgeFundBlogger.com, the #1 most popular blog on hedge funds. Richard has a background is third party marketing, capital raising, and risk management process improvement. Richard earned his M.B.A. from the University of Portland, and he studied the application of psychology of influence and persuasion to marketing and sales while living in Boston and attending Harvard University.
Robert M. Sackett, has joined our sponsor TradeStation Prime Services, a division of TradeStation Securities, Inc. as Senior Managing Director after spending the last 17 years at Citigroup Global Markets Inc. At Citigroup, Rob headed the sales trading and the trading desk of the Securities Lending specials group. Rob’s broad array of clients included retail, institutional, and hedge fund customers."Richard's program really provides new and emerging managers with the toolkit and strategies to really begin establishing the foundation for capital raising and growing their hedge fund business to the next level."
- Tom Aitken, Thomas Capital Partners
Rob co-runs Prime Services, where he is head of business development, responsible for building out the division’s offering. Rob has an undergraduate degree from Lehigh University and an MBA from the New York University’s Stern School of Business. Rob holds FINRA series 7, 24 and 63 licenses.
During this workshop Rob will be discussing what securities lending means to those hedge funds with less than $200M in Assets Under Management (AUM), including the covering of the recent shift in securities lending access, continued borrowing pressure on small hedge funds (IB access).
Jonathan White heads strategic business development for VITEOS Fund Services (Fund Administration and Middle/Back Office Outsourcing) based in New York, bringing over 18 years of global sales and marketing experience to VITEOS in ‘high touch’ client service engagements. Mr White previously served as Business Development Manager for NorthPoint Solutions, a business and software technology consultant to Hedge Funds, and prior to NorthPoint as Managing Principal of a global third party marketing firm representing alternative asset money managers to institutional investors .VITEOS is the one, bespoke fund administration solution for hedge funds. Offering a full suite of services encompassing; fund administration, middle and back office outsourcing, operational support, software implementation and related services to hedges funds. VITEOS’ strength is in its progressive, consultative approach to fund administration, creating customized solutions around fund administration and middle/back office outsourcing.
Douglas F. MacLean is the Managing Member of Armor Law Group (www.armorlawgroup.com) located in Boston, Massachusetts. Mr. MacLean has been an attorney for over 10 years, including 9 years at the international law firms of Bingham McCutchen, K&L Gates and Latham & Watkins in New York and Boston. He has counseled onshore and offshore hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, venture capital funds and funds-of-funds on formation, structure, compliance, marketing and reorganizations. In addition, he has worked with unregistered and registered investment advisers of open- and closed-end registered investment companies, managed accounts, and various private funds regarding formation, taxation, registration, advertising, broker-dealer distribution, AIMR-PPS/GIPS Standards and SEC/SRO/CFTC compliance. Mr. MacLean also serves as the Managing Member of Armor Compliance (www.armorcompliance.com), a comprehensive compliance consulting firm for private equity and hedge fund managers. Mr. MacLean is also the founder of SageTree Seminars LLC (www.sagetreeseminars.com), an educational company that organizes compliance seminars for private equity and hedge fund managers. Mr. MacLean graduated cum laude from Harvard College and graduated from Cornell University with a J.D. from Cornell Law School and an M.B.A. from the Johnson Graduate School of Management. He has also served as a business law professor at Tufts University, is a CFA candidate and has passed the Series 7, 39, 63 and 65 examinations. Mr. MacLean was also recognized as a 2009 and 2010 Massachusetts Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Here are regulation and compliance questions that you will have answers by Douglas MacLean during this workshop:
- Do you need to take any exams before you can manage a hedge fund?
- Does my management company need to register with the State of New York or SEC?
- How do I legally pay referral fees to contacts who refer me investors?
- What filings does my hedge fund need to make?
- Why does a managed account cause significant compliance issues in the State of New York?
- An attorney's detailed review of the Investment Advisers Act, New York State Law, Investment Adviser Representatives, Required Examinations, Form ADV, Compliance Manuals, Managed Accounts, Securities Exchange Act and Required Filings. This discussion provides you with one full hour of Legal considerations, guideposts, and input from three leading hedge fund formation experts (Most hedge fund lawyers charge over $300/hr)
- Training from a securities lending expert who will share tips on increasing alpha on the lending side and how you can get better pricing as an emerging hedge fund manager
- We have done the research and built the relationships to create a list of qualified and researched hedge fund service providers that we have completed interviews with and worked with for years, and we will also be providing you with a Service Provider RFP to use to help you evaluate and interview potential service providers to help run your hedge fund
- The 70 Page AUM BluePrint: An e-book on capital raising best consulting advice for hedge fund managers which normally sells for $140
- A Request For Proposal (RFP) Master Template to complete so you are ready to quickly and professionally respond to the most challenging and detailed RFPs from potential investors
- Educational video content on the hedge fund business ecosystem, common hedge fund terms, and best practices in the industry
- An open transcript of an interview with an established hedge fund manager who provides advice on what he learned while launching his hedge fund
- A list of the top 5 daily business habits of highly successful hedge funds which are able to raise capital consistently, and beat the odds to stay in business and thrive long-term
- 8 Hours of Consulting Advice Costs: $1,250
- Real Estate Lease Down Payment: $4,000
- Monthly Fund Administration Costs: $1,750+
- Marketing Material Creation Services: $2,250
- Legal Fund Formation Costs: $10,000+
- Cost of our Workshop on February 9th, 2011: $475
If you attend this conference, and don't get at least $5,000 of value, the Hedge Fund Group will give you 100% of your money back and you can keep the e-books and swipe files for your trouble. Richard is offering this because Richard has included so many valuable interviews, reports, tips, strategies, templates, and best practices here and the Hedge Fund Group knows you will benefit from their use. The last time the Hedge Fund Group did this not single person in the crowd requested a refund and everyone got a ton of value out of the training seminar.
4 Bonuses Worth $725: Participants in this workshop will receive a number of bonuses that can be taken advantage of during the event, these will include:
- As a bonus for completing this program you will receive audio recorded interviews with 6 hedge fund veterans with startup and capital raising experience, they will share their #1 most valuable point of advice worth at least $1,000 learned from working with the collective 900+ hedge fund startup clients they have worked with in the past. This is 100% free to access after the event and worth at least $500 alone.
- An hour of bonus video-based capital raising instructions, common pitfalls, and strategies to use within the first 36 months of running your hedge fund business. This video was shot at a conference in Boca Raton, Florida where participants paid over $1,400 to attend.
- If you haven't already purchased them you get a free copy of my $75.00 Hedge Fund Training Manual published by Wiley in 2010, as well as our Start A Hedge Fund Now E-Book which contains $1,000 worth of my hedge fund startup consulting advice.
- Discounted access to our Certified Hedge Fund Professional (CHP) program or capital raising directories of investor contact details including common investors such as family offices, wealth management firms, institutional investment consultants, and fund of hedge funds.
Related to: 8 Hour Emerging Manager Workshop in New York City on February 9th, 2011
- Hedge Fund Startup Tools
- Fund Marketing and Sales Advice
- Free Online Hedge Fund Videos
- Hedge Fund Terminology
Link to This Resource: 8 Hour Emerging Manager Workshop in New York City on February 9th, 2011http://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2011/01/8-hour-emerging-manager-workshop-in-new.html