Hedge Funds Assets November
Hedge Fund Asset Flows in November 2009last week, hedge fund assets passed the $2 trillion mark in November, showing how the industry has been able to recover after many investors withdrew from funds in 2008. Last month total assets rose 3.39% although assets are still below the peak in the second quarter of 2008.
Here are some key statistics on increasing hedge fund assets in November 2009:
- Total assets increased 3.39% to $2.037 trillion. Assets were last above $2 trillion in November 2008.
- Investors allocated $26.3 billion to hedge funds in November, performance increased assets an additional $40.5 billion
- Investor flows were positive in November for the 7th consecutive month.
- During the 7 months of consecutive investor inflows, $119.91 billion has been allocated to hedge funds.
- The Core Growth Rate (% increase in assets due solely to investor flows) increased to 1.33% November. The rate of growth has risen two consecutive months.
- Fixed income investments outpaced equities in November, after lagging the two prior months.
- Investments in commodity strategies were in line with overall industry growth.
- Flows to corporate bond related strategies turned slightly negative in November.
- Fixed income arbitrage strategies had the fastest rate of inflow in November.
- Allocations into emerging markets slowed for the second straight month, but were in line with overall industry growth. Source
Related to: Hedge Fund Assets November
- Hedge Fund Tracker Tool
- Fund Marketing and Sales Advice
- Top Hedge Fund Managers
- Free Online Hedge Fund Videos
- Careers & Employment Guide
- Hedge Fund Holdings & Securities Analysis
- Hedge Fund Terminology
- Geographical Guides
- Hedge Fund Startup Tools
Tags: hedge fund assets, hedge funds in november, hedge funds 2 trillion, hedge fund asset levels, inflows, asset flows, allocation
Link to This Resource: Hedge Funds November 2009http://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2009/12/hedge-funds-november-2009.html