Below please find information on a short selling tool by Sungard, a supporter of HedgeFundBlogger.com.
SunGard’s “Short Side”, service allows subscribers to gauge daily short sentiment and get a better handle on the current retail rates in the marketplace.
During a time when anything can happen on a given day, it simply is not enough to view short interest only twice a month. With Short Side, an accurate proxy for short interest (securities lending activity) is available on a daily basis, ensuring that you stay ahead of the short side of the market. Portfolio Managers, investment managers, traders and analysts currently use our Short Side data in a variety of ways, including predicting short squeezes, identifying long term holds, short selling opportunities, and for volatility trading.
Short Side Offers:
- Data covering 110+ countries
- Covers all asset classes
- Available next day (T+1), quicker than anywhere else in the market today
- No requirement to disclose your positions
- Coverage of approximately 70% of the global short market
- Inventory of 200,000+ securities, with 30,000 on loan at any one time
- Indicates Implied Retail Rates
- Can be delivered via the web application or by a secure data download
- DAILY back history available for testing
- Competitively priced