Bernard Madoff Prison Sentence
Bernard Maddoff has been sentenced to 150 years in jail. There are hundreds of stories out on this today but this one by Bloomberg below is one of the better ones:
Bernard Madoff was sentenced to 150 years for masterminding the largest Ponzi scheme in history, six times longer than the penalties meted out to the chief executives of WorldCom Inc. and Enron Corp.
Madoff appeared in court today before U.S. District Judge Denny Chin for the first time since his March 12 guilty plea for an epic swindle that may have reached $65 billion.
“I don’t ask for any forgiveness,” Madoff, 71, told Chin. He said he deceived his brothers, his two sons and his wife, none of whom was in the court. The courtroom burst into applause as Chin imposed the sentence.
Madoff pleaded guilty to securities fraud, mail fraud, wire fraud, investment adviser fraud, three counts of money laundering, false statements, perjury, false filings with the SEC and theft from an employee benefit plan. source
To read more about Hedge Fund Regulation, Compliance and Related Fraud please click here.
Related to Bernard Madoff Prison Sentence 150 Years Sentence
- Benchmark Asset Management Marc Duchesne
- CRW Managment Ray White Ponzi Scheme Fraud Case
- Locke Capital Management Leila Jenkins Case
- Billion Coupons Inc. Marvin Cooper Fraud Case
- Westgate Capital Management LLC James Nicholson Fraud
- Mark Bloom North Hills Management LLC Fraud Case
- Steven Walsh & Paul Greenwood Futures Fraud Case
- Daren Palmer Ponzi Scheme Fraud Case Notes
- Sir Allen Stanford Fraud Case SEC Charges
- Bernard Madoff Case & Hedge Fund Fraud
Link to This Resource: Bernard Madoff Prison Sentence 150 Years Sentencehttp://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2009/06/bernard-madoff-prison-sentence-150.html