Alternative Investment Marketing & Sales
Yesterday morning I completed my speech on “5 Best Practices for Hedge Fund Marketing” at the Marcus Evans Fund of Hedge Fund Summit in Boca Raton, Florida. I got connected with some great funds that I have never heard of before and also ran into a few followers of HedgeFundBlogger.com and FamilyOfficesGroup.com as well.
Below please find some of the most useful practical tips which I mentioned during my speech, the full video recording of the speech along with the PowerPoint will be available as part of the training materials within the Hedge Fund Group (HFG) hedge fund certification program within the Level 2 Module on Marketing & Sales.
1. Focus on Building Authority: The power of true authority within an industry trickles down and puts other influential factors into motion which help you develop valuable relationships
2. Move the Free Line: Give away your best ideas within press inquiries, books, interviews, articles, white papers and videos
3. Diverse Investor Case Studies: Have at least two case studies of investors choosing to place capital with your firm for each of the major distribution channels you are focusing on raising capital from. For example have six total case studies if 90% of your efforts are focused on family offices, wealth management firms, and HNW individual selling.
4. The 4 P’s of Marketing Materials: Focus on Pedigree, Process (USP), Portfolio Risk, and Presentation Quality
For more resources please see our Hedge Fund Marketing and Sales Guide
Related to Alternative Investment Marketing & Sales
- Hedge Fund Marketing Tools
- 5 Unique Hedge Fund Marketing Tactics (1 of 5)
- 5 Unique Hedge Fund Marketing Tactics (2 of 5)
- 5 Unique Hedge Fund Marketing Tactics (3 of 5)
- Marketing to Institutional Investors
- Hedge Fund Pitch Book Marketing Materials
Link to This Resource: Alternative Investment Marketing & Saleshttp://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2009/06/alternative-investment-marketing-sales.html