DE SHAW & CO
Below please find a 13F analysis report for DE Shaw & Co for Q1 2009. 13F analyses are reports that fund managers with over $100M are required to submit to the SEC, they are publicly available and these reports provide us with some insights on what some hedge fund managers have been investing in.
Founded in 1988, the D. E. Shaw group is a global investment and technology development firm with approximately $35 billion in aggregate investment capital and offices in North America, Europe, and Asia.
• (ABC) Amerisourcebergen Corp
• (ABII) Abraxis Bioscience
• (APC) Anadarco Petroleum Group
• (APOL) Apollo Group
• (BIIB) Biogen Idec
• (DGX) Quest Diagonistics
• (ENDP) Endo Pharmacueticals holdings
• (FCX) Freeport MCmoran Copper & Gold
• (INTC) Intel Corp
• (MYL) Mylan Laboratories
• (OC) Owens Corning
• (ORCL) Oracle Corp
• (PFE) Pfizer
• (VRTX) Vertex Pharmacueticals
• (WCRX) Warner Chilcott Ltd
Using the TickerSpy portfolio analysis tool the graph to the left was created showing the approximate equity performance for DE Shaw & Co over the previous six months. According to this analysis DE Shaw & Co ‘s equity picks have been underperforming against the S & P 500 recently.
The top 5 highest performing equities which for DE Shaw & Co held as of this 13F filing include (OC), (ORCL), (DGX), (VRTX) and (WCRX)
According to AlpaClone data on for DE Shaw & Co 20% of their equity portfolio is invested within the Services sector and 20% in Health Care. The total equity value of for DE Shaw & Co is 16B+, their total number of reported holdings is 2351, and over 13.1% of the market value of this portfolio is represented within the top 10 holdings.
For more information on for DE Shaw & Co please see the HedgeFundBlogger.com. Hedge Fund Tracker Profile on for DE Shaw & Co by clicking here.
Related to: DE Shaw & Co
- Top 5 Hedge Fund Marketing Strategies | MP3 Audio Download
- Hedge Fund Marketing Tools
- 5 Unique Hedge Fund Marketing Tactics (1 of 5)
- 5 Unique Hedge Fund Marketing Tactics (2 of 5)
- 5 Unique Hedge Fund Marketing Tactics (3 of 5)
- Marketing to Institutional Investors
- Hedge Fund Pitch Book Marketing Materials
- Hedge Fund Business Plan | Plans For Growth
- Hedge Fund PowerPoint Improvement Tips
Link to This Resource: 13 F Analysis Of DE Shaw & Cohttp://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2009/06/13-f-analysis-of-de-shaw-co.html