Australian Hedge Fund Performance
Here is a short article excerpt about how hedge funds have recently outperformed in Australia:
Australian hedge funds returned an average 2.1 percent in March, beating the 1.3 percent profit of their global peers.
The Australian Fund Monitors Index, which tracks the performance of more than 200 hedge funds managed from within the country, rebounded from a 1.6 percent drop in February, according to a report by Australian Fund Monitors based on 42 percent of the funds reporting. The S&P/ASX 200 Index jumped 7.1 percent in March while the MSCI World Index advanced 7.2 percent.
“It’s inevitable that in a really strong up market you lose some of your upside because your short positions cost you money,” said Chris Gosselin, chief executive officer of the Sydney-based industry researcher. “Hedge funds tend to produce a smoother return pattern.” source
View many dozens of additional resources on Hedge Funds in Australia.
Related to Australian Hedge Fund Manager Performance
- Hedge Fund Macro Fund Performance Video
- Hedge Funds Performance October Update
- Hedge Fund Assets Drop by Estimated $100B
- Hedge Fund Performance During the Financial Crisis of 2008
- Hedge Fund Performance Data Hedge Funds Video
- Hedge Fund Index Performance Performance of Funds
- Top Hedge Fund Performers Charts
- Bear Market Investing Bull and Bear Market Chart