Charlie McCreevey on Hedge Funds
Below please find a short article excerpt with quotes from EU Commissioner Charlie McGreevey on hedge funds and the regulation of investment markets within the European Union:
The European Union's top financial services official said Thursday that hedge funds need to give investors more information about the risks to their money.
EU Commissioner Charlie McCreevy said he would propose new rules for hedge funds and private equity funds by the end of April - but cautioned that a backlash against speculative financiers could stifle much-needed investment for Europe's recession-hit economies.
McCreevy said regulators needed to focus on the flow of credit to hedge funds and private equity to tackle the "undesirable levels of leverage in hedge funds, or excessive lending to private equity managed companies."
Cheap credit helped swell both types of investments over the past decade. The sudden tightening of credit late last year hit them both hard. source
Read more about hedge fund regulations and compliance within our: Hedge Fund Regulation Corner | Compliance & Law Notes
Related to Charlie McCreevey on Hedge Funds in the EU
- Prime Brokerage Regulation New Regulations Possible?
- FINRA Broker Check
- Investment Regulations Careful What you Wish For
- Hedge Fund Compliance Notes White House Hate Mail + New Regulations
- Hedge Fund Offering Documents Private Placment Memorandum
- Steven Walsh & Paul Greenwood Futures Fraud Case
- Daren Palmer Ponzi Scheme Fraud Case Notes
- Sir Allen Stanford Fraud Case SEC Charges
- Bernard Madoff Case & Hedge Fund Fraud