Barington Capital Group
Barington Capital Group LP | NotesThe following piece on Barington Capital Group is being published as part of our Hedge Fund Tracker Tool, our daily effort to track hedge funds in the industry.
Resource #1: (10.28.08)Two hedge funds stepped up pressure on struggling department-store chain Dillard's Inc., calling for the ouster of Chief Executive William Dillard II and other members of his family.
In a letter to three of the company's outside directors, hedge funds Barington Capital Group and Clinton Capital blamed management for the company's poor performance and accused it of self-dealing, nepotism and negligence. Mr. Dillard and several other family members are "overpaid and underqualified for the positions they hold," the hedge-fund managers wrote in the letter, which was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Read more...
Related to Barington Capital Group LP | Hedge Fund Notes:
- Geographical Hedge Fund Guides
- Jana Partners | Hedge Fund Notes
- Carlson Capital Management Partners LP | Hedge Fund Notes
- Highland Capital Management | Hedge Fund Notes
- Jabre Capital Partners SA | Philippe Jabre | Hedge Fund Notes
- MedCap Management and Research | Charles Toney
- The NIR Group LLC | Alternative Investments Hedge Fund Notes
- Drake Capital Management LLC | Hedge Fund Notes
- Bonanza Master Fund LP | Hedge Fund Notes
- Lansdowne Partners | Paul Ruddock | Hedge Fund Notes
Link to This Resource: Barington Capital Group LP | Hedge Fund Noteshttp://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2008/10/barington-capital-group-lp-hedge-fund.html