4 Career Tips
If someone wanted to start a hedge fund career, what are 4 pieces of advice you would give them?
- The day you graduate from college start studying for and earning your Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Hedge Fund Professional (CHP) or CAIA designation.
- Figure out if your passion is in trading, analytics or marketing & sales. Choosing your specialty area early will help you more quickly develop the experience and skill sets needed to do well in that type of position.
- Never do anything un-ethical. If you are sharp and passionate you have no need to ever cut corners. Avoid people that do at all costs.
- Do you own compliance and due diligence research. Look up your potential or current boss within the FINRA or SEC records to see if they have marks against them. Meet with a compliance lawyer yourself to make sure your activities are all legal with securities laws. Do your own homework because many times nobody is going to do it for you.
Subscribe To this Blog via Email Or RSS
Articles Related to "Top 3 Hedge Fund Career Tips"
1. Hedge Fund Job Advice
2. Hedge Fund Employment
3. Join the Hedge Funds Group on Linkedin.com
4. Download Hedge Fund Blog Book
5. Hedge Fund Books
6. Hedge Fund Job Listings
Permanent Link: Top 4 Hedge Fund Career Tips
Related Terms: Top 4 Hedge Fund Career Tips, Hedge Fund Jobs, Entry Level Hedge Fund Jobs, Entry-Level Hedge Fund Jobs, Jobs at Hedge Funds, Hedge Funds Employment Options