Underlying Security Glossary Definition
(1) For options, the security subject to being purchased or sold upon exercise of an option contract. For example, IBM stock is the underlying security to IBM options.
(2) For depository receipts, the class, series and number of the foreign shares represented by the depository receipt.
Related to Underlying Security Options & Depository Receipts:
- Top 52 Most Popular Articles
- Hedge Fund Tracker Tool
- Financial Certification
- Hedge Fund Forum
- Hedge Fund Accountants
- Investment Consultants
- Investment Book
- Hedge Fund Terms and Definitions
- Geographical Hedge Fund Guides
- Hedge Fund Database
Tags: Underlying Security, Underlying Security Options, Depository Receipts Strategy, options trading strategy definition and explanation, what is a underlying security