Capital Raising Family Offices
How to Raise Capital From & Work With Family Offices
Best Practices: My experience includes raising capital from $800M funds, $8M funds, $80B investment firms, and training over 3,000 fund managers face-to-face. This experience has shown that the following are effective practices in reaching out to family offices:
- Do your homework first. Learn about the family office industry well enough to know how you fit into their world. Know who you are meeting with, what makes their family office unique, and how you can add value to their business. As part of your homework you can download our free report on family offices.
- Listen. Ask questions and get to know them before pitching them about how you can help them. Nobody likes to get pitched.
- Respect their time. Like you family offices professionals are very busy, and it is likely they are pitched by more service providers, fund managers, and consultants in a week than you may see in a quarter due to their status as a family office.
- If you can become a thought leader in your specific niche whether it be patent litigation, institutional consulting, or something else you will eventually have opportunities and family offices coming to you.
To learn more about this Family Offices Directory solution please visit http://FamilyOffices.com
Related to: Capital Raising Family Offices
- Free Report on Family Offices
- Fund Marketing and Sales Advice
- Free Online Hedge Fund Videos
- Hedge Fund Career Guide
- Hedge Fund Terms to Know
- Geographical Guides
- Hedge Fund Startup Guide
Link to This Resource: Capital Raising Family Officeshttp://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2011/12/capital-raising-family-offices.html