Hedge Funds May 2010
May 2010 Hedge Fund Performance & Investor Allocation
- The HFN Hedge Fund Aggregate Index was -2.86% in May 2010 and +0.89% year-to-date (YTD). The S&P 500 Total Return Index (S&P) was -7.99% in May and -1.51% YTD.
- Total industry assets fell an estimated -2.82% to $2.234 trillion in May. Despite performance based asset reductions, net investor flows were positive for the fifth month in a row.
- Performance accounted for $66.87 billion of the decrease and investor allocations accounted for a net inflow of $2.13 billion. Net inflows were the lowest since January and the second month in a row of slower rates of increase.
- The core rate of growth (% asset change due to investor allocations/redemptions) was an increase of 0.09%, the second slowest rate of increase since HFN began tracking asset flow data in Q4 2003.Source
Related to: Hedge Funds May 2010
- Hedge Fund Tracker Tool
- Fund Marketing and Sales Advice
- Top Hedge Fund Managers
- Free Online Hedge Fund Videos
- Careers & Employment Guide
- Hedge Fund Holdings & Securities Analysis
- Hedge Fund Terminology
- Geographical Guides
- Hedge Fund Startup Tools
Link to This Resource: Hedge Funds May 2010http://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2010/06/hedge-funds-may-2010.html