Power of Focus
“You can take a $5 disposable camera and take it out of the box, stand 10 feet from a building and take a great picture that will be developed and look good if not great. You could stand in that same position with a $10,000 camera with every gadget, lens, and a tripod and it will not take as good of a picture if you do not do one thing, focus.”
- Brian Tracy
The Point: You can beat your competition with a smaller staff, with less financial resources, and less experience if you just learn to focus. Focus on your top prospect investors, focus on local potential investors, and focus exclusively on the types of investors which are most likely to make allocations to your fund. If you can dial-in on these three areas your hot prospect list, local investors and the right investor mix (family offices, wealth management, pension funds, etc.), than you can really cover a lot of ground quickly.
Learn more about fund marketing and sales within our Free Hedge Fund Marketing Guide
- Hedge Fund Media Exposure
- Investor Due Diligence & Emerging Managers?
- Institutional Family Office Investors | Video
- Family Office Database Databases Available
- Hedge Fund Advertising & Marketing Restrictions Ideas
- Third Party Marketing Ban | A New Trend?
- Pension Funds Ditch Hedge Funds... or Do They?
Tags: The Power of focus, hedge fund, hedge funds, capital raising for hedge funds, focusing on the right investors, what types of investors should we focus on marketing our products to