Prime Brokerage Profits Down
Below is a note from a recent HedgeFund.net conference about the profitability of prime brokerage. While short-term there is a downtown in volume and assets on the books of many prime brokerage firms, I believe the industry is still very profitable for dozens of firms. While some groups are suffering, many are seeing huge gains in assets over the last few quarters. Here is the article quote:
Prime brokerage is dead or, in the aftermath of the collapse of Lehman Bros., at least on life support, a panel at a HedgeFund.net conference Wednesday said.
“I don’t think the prime brokerage model is dead, but it is definitely in a coma,” panelist Richard Del Bello offered. Read more...
Related to Prime Brokerage Profits Down:
- Marketing to Institutional Investors
- Hedge Fund Pitch Book Marketing Materials
- Hedge Fund Business Plan | Plans For Growth
- Hedge Fund PowerPoint Improvement Tips
- Combatting a Battered Image of Hedge Funds
- Third Party Marketing Ban | A New Trend?
Link to This Resource: Prime Brokerage Profits Downhttp://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2009/07/prime-brokerage-profits-down.html