Market Proxy | Definition
(1) The benchmark used to represent either the broad market or a segment of the market. The selection of the market proxy is critical in the determination of alpha, beta, R-squared, and standard error.
(2) In Russell Performance Universes (RPU), the relevant benchmark for comparing individual managers or a composite.
For over 1,000 additional terms and definitions please see our Investment Glossary Guide.
Related to Market Proxy:
- Geographical Hedge Fund Guides
- Hedge Fund Employment Guide
- Financial Certification
- Investment Book
- Hedge Fund Terms and Definitions
Tags: Market Proxy, Market Proxy Definition, What is a Market Proxy?, Market Proxies, Stock Market Proxy, Market Proxies, Market,
Link to This Resource: Market Proxy | Definition | What is a Market Proxy?Market Proxyhttp://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2005/10/market-proxy-definition-what-is-market.html