Calculate Annualized Rate of Return
Formula to Calculate Annualized Rate of Return
The rate of return over a given period expressed on an annual basis or as a return per year. Annualized rate of return is computed on a time-weighted basis.
(1) In Russell Performance Attribution (RPA), the geometric average investment return for a period greater than or equal to one year, expressed as a 12-month period.
(2) In Russell Performance Universes (RPU), annualized rate of return is calculated as follows:
Annualized rate of return
Cumulative rate of return
Periodicity (number of time periods in a year:
Number of observations
For over 1,000 additional terms and definitions please see our Investment Glossary Guide.
Related to Calculate Annualized Rate of Return Formula:
- Geographical Hedge Fund Guides
- Hedge Fund Employment Guide
- Financial Certification
- Investment Book
- Hedge Fund Terms and Definitions
Tags: Calculate Annualized Rate of Return Formula, Calculate Annualized Rate of Return, rate of return, annualized rate of return, rate of return calculation, annualized rate, rates of return
Link to This Resource: Calculate Annualized Rate of Return Formula | Definitionhttp://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2005/10/calculate-annualized-rate-of-return.html