Calculate Annualized Rate of Return
Formula to Calculate Annualized Rate of Return
The rate of return over a given period expressed on an annual basis or as a return per year. Annualized rate of return is computed on a time-weighted basis.
(1) In Russell Performance Attribution (RPA), the geometric average investment return for a period greater than or equal to one year, expressed as a 12-month period.
(2) In Russell Performance Universes (RPU), annualized rate of return is calculated as follows:
Annualized rate of return
Cumulative rate of return
Periodicity (number of time periods in a year:
Number of observations
For over 1,000 additional terms and definitions please see our Investment Glossary Guide.
Related to Calculate Annualized Rate of Return Formula:
- Geographical Hedge Fund Guides
- Hedge Fund Employment Guide
- Financial Certification
- Investment Book
- Hedge Fund Terms and Definitions
Tags: Calculate Annualized Rate of Return Formula, Calculate Annualized Rate of Return, rate of return, annualized rate of return, rate of return calculation, annualized rate, rates of return